Tuesday 31 March 2020

Having Fun With Computer Science Coding

Hello all,

Yesterday, I survived my day with Mr Knight and I am back in for day 2!

Via parentmail yesterday you should have received some extra home learning for your children. If your child has finished the original pack that was sent home then they complete the extra tasks that were sent. However, if your child is still working on the SATs and Pop Art packs don't panic, they can continue to do so this week. We just want to make sure that we send out enough work to keep all children busy!

We now have a year 6 email address that you can contact us on if you have any queries about the work and one of the year 6 team will get back to you as soon as possible: year6@alderwood.hants.sch.uk (this is the same for all other junior year groups if you wish to contact them)

Now for children today, I have chosen something inspired by Oliver in my class and let me tell you that I have had great fun playing on it this morning. I have found a computer science website where you can practise your coding skills just like you do on Scratch! It has very simple instructions to follow (even I can manage them without Oliver's help!). This morning I have been making my own dance party with cats and sloths but there are other activities on there that I haven't had a chance to try yet including one based on Minecraft. To be honest with you, I may have to get Mr Knight to teach today so that I can continue with my coding practice! Have a go yourselves on: https://code.org/athome

Oliver I'll give you a call if I need you!

Enjoy your day, hopefully it doesn't stay this chilly all day!

Miss Parker

No comments: